Newfoundland and Labrador
Natural Sciences Links
Biology and Ecology:
- To compile an extensive reference resource for students of the natural
history of Canada's easternmost province.
Always under construction! Please check back periodically.
All links last checked November 5, 2005.
Page last updated November 5, 2005.
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Biology and Ecology: Animals: Invertebrates
- Biology and Ecology: Animals: Vertebrates
- Biology and Ecology: Plants, Lichens, Fungi, Protists, Bacteria and Viruses
- Biology and Ecology: Miscellaneous Topics
YOU ARE HERE!
Sites with Natural Sciences Content
- Earth Science
- Environmental Issues, Conservation, and Park Reserves
- Lists of Links
Periodicals, Books and Media Online
- Newsgroups, Listservs, FTP Sites, and Blogs
- Organizations, Associations and Agencies
Tools, Directories, and Other Useful Resources
- Species at Risk
- Young People
this Page - "Biology and Ecology: Miscellaneous Topics":
Emblems and Symbols
Environmental Issues and
- Tree of
Life [The] It's just what it says, and more! A tree-based organization
and classification of all lifeforms on Earth, with [eventually - site is
still under construction] detailed accounts of all majors groups. A TRULY
AWESOME SITE !!! May be slow loading at peak hours.
- Birch Brook Nordic Ski
Club: Interpretation Project Website describes the geology, ecology, botany and wildlife
of the area between Happy Valley-Goose Bay and Northwest River, Labrador, and compiles
natural history observations made along the ski club's many trails. Plant illustrations by A. Glen Ryan.
From the excellent Birch Brook Nordic Ski
- [Francois, Newfoundland]:
Climate and Natural History Super pictures and descriptions from this rugged south
coast region. But, slow loading. This is only one of several pages comprising the
Francois, Newfoundland website.
Check out, also, the Virtual
- La Nature: La faune de l'Archipel [St.-Pierre et Miquelon]. From the excellent
Encyclopédie des îles Saint-Pierre & Miquelon website. An excellent
contribution from Roger Etcheberry
- Nature SPM. A super database of the natural history of St.-Pierre et Miquelon, from Dani Abraham. Many excellent images. A work in progress - keep checking back. [May require Internet Explorer!]
- Integrated Taxonomic
Information System (ITIS), [The] A valiant attempt, by a partnership of U.S., Canadian,
and Mexican agencies, other organizations, and taxonomic specialists, to develop
an on-line, scientifically credible, list of biological names
focusing on the biota of North America.
This website is the creation of John E. Maunder, Pouch